This website (the “Website”) is operated by ¨CORE AUTOMATION”.
This applies to personal information that we collect though the Website or when engaging in our relationship or potential relationship with you (or your organization) as a supplier, customer or business partner.
What do we do?
“CORE AUTOMATION” is a leading building automation’s and wireless networks integrator. For more information about us, please see the About Us section of our Website.
What information do we collect?
Depending on your relationship with “CORE AUTOMATION”, we may collect personal information about you that broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
• Website information. You can visit our website without telling us anything about yourself. However, in some situations we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with some personal information. For example, this might be if you are interested in signing up to receive emails from us, or reading some research, or attending an event, or contact us via the Website (in which cases we will collect information such as name, email address, organization, country, zip code/postal code, job title, telephone number(s).When we do receive your personal information we will treat it securely, lawfully and fairly.
• Job applicants. When you contact us in relation to employment opportunities at “CORE AUTOMATION”, we collect certain information as part of the recruitment process (and if successful, your employment).
• Information we collect when you do business with us. We may collect and process information relating to you as an individual (whether as a Website user or otherwise) when you conduct business with “CORE AUTOMATION” as, or on behalf of, a customer or prospective customer, or as, or on behalf of, a vendor, supplier, consultant, professional adviser or other third party (“Customer, Vendor or Business Partner Data”). Examples of Customer, Vendor or Business Partner Data include:
contact details of a point of contact for “CORE AUTOMATION” Customer, Vendor or Business Partners (such as name, business phone numbers, business address, photograph) including for the purposes of attendance at or participation in any promotional or other “CORE AUTOMATION” event;
role-related information about Customer, Vendor or Business Partners or their representatives (such as job title, responsibilities, department, work history, qualifications and experience);
financial information (such as financial account information about individuals connected to a particular business) or property ownership information relating to such individuals if needed to take payment or fulfill contractual obligations or for due diligence or related purposes;
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, cookie ID, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality, relevance and experience of our Website for our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, including web beacons. For further information about the types of Cookies we use, why, and how you can control Cookies, please see our Cookies Notice [insert link].
Information that we obtain from third party sources
In order to conduct technical studies and offers to you or your organization, or to comply with various regulations in accordance with our internal requirements (where permissible and in accordance with applicable law), sometimes we may receive personal information about you from third party sources such as other parties in the building construction/management sector eg real estate agents, purchasers, vendors, architects, engineers, surveyors, developers, landlords, tenants as well as online sources databases and public registries, financial institutions, credit check databases, or your employer. We will only obtain this information where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes (or otherwise described at the point of collection):
• to improve our Website(s) and our products and services;
• to provide you/your organization with information or products and services that you have requested and deal with invoicing and payment;
• to send you service-related communications, to deal with communications you send us and request feedback;
• to facilitate your feedback or technical support for our common projects for which you have registered in the provided portals;
• to identify trends in the building automation, telecommunications and wireless networks industry;
• to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests (or those of your organization) and for business development purposes;
• to contact you directly or via our agents by mail, telephone, fax, email, SMS or other electronic
messaging service with offers of goods and services or information that may be of interest to you (including information about other organizations’ goods and services). If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, please indicate this if requested on the registration or contact form or contact us. We will obtain your consent to the provision of direct marketing material to you, if required to do so by law.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
• to affiliated entities, third party services providers and partners:
who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website or other IT infrastructure, to assist us with carrying out due diligence checks, to carry out marketing, analytics or research on our behalf or to support the delivery of services to our clients in general or pursuant to a particular engagement);
with whom we arrange joint promotional events (for the purposes of ensuring that you do not receive direct marketing information about the event from multiple sources); or
in case of affiliated entities, who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
Further information about our affiliated entities and the third party service providers that may process your personal information (including location) can be provided on request by contacting us using the details in the How to contact us heading below.
• To our clients, in relation to transactions with which you are involved.
• to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
• to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
• to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Under European Union data protection law, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
You can choose not to provide personal information to us. However, unless otherwise indicated, the information that we request is necessary for the purposes of entering into and performing a contract with you or your organization and/or providing services to you or your organization and failure to provide it will impede the contracting process and/or the provision of the relevant services.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will normally be: to provide our services to you, respond to your queries, improve our Website(s), undertake marketing, or for the purposes of recruitment.
Given the business-to-business context in which we undertake the processing of your personal information, and the safeguards that we take to protect your personal information (including as outlined under the How do we protect your information heading below), our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice to your individual rights and freedoms. We may have other legitimate interests and, if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
How do we protect your information?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. We take care to allow access to personal information only to those who require such access to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties who provide services to us or otherwise have a legitimate purpose for accessing it (see under the Who do we share your personal information with? heading above). Whenever we permit a third party to access personal information, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure the information is used in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice and that the security and confidentiality of the information is maintained.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. If you are a client or vendor (or a representative of a client or vendor) then the information will be retained for a period of time to allow us to provide our services, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements and, if necessary, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
If European data protection laws apply, you have the following rights:
• If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
• In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
• You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or email us at email@example.com To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
• Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Links to other websites
It is possible that our Website links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these websites for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these websites or advertisers nor are we authorized to make representations on their behalf. In any event, you should explore the privacy practices of those third parties.
How to contact us
If you have received an e-mail or e-mails from “CORE AUTOMATION” that you no longer wish to receive, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you otherwise have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
The data controller of your personal information is the “CORE AUTOMATION” entity (i) with which you or your organization is engaged as a supplier or customer; (ii) which is considering entering into a relationship with you or your organization; and/or (iii) with which you are engaged as user of a particular “CORE AUTOMATION” website.